I researched the author of the crucible and many other plays, Arthur Miller. I read an interesting little biography on the stunning author. In Miller's more than thirty plays, which have won him a Pulitzer Prize and multiple Tony Awards, he puts in question "death and betrayal and injustice and how we are to account for this little life of ours." In Arhur's plays he created characters that wrestle with power conflicts, personal and social responsibility, the repercussions of past actions, and the twin poles of guilt and hope. I once believed in his mind that theatre would "change the world" That was his view on theatre and how much it ment to him. The biography about him said that he looked into Greeks for inspiration. I thought that was very interesting and maybe explains the reason why some of his plays are written the way they are. Miller began writing plays as a student at the University of Michigan, joining the Federal Theater Project in New York City after he received his degree. This shows that he began at a very young age and wrote for a very long time. That is just some of the stuff I read about the great author Arthur Miller
http://www.neh.gov/whoweare/miller/biography.html
No comments:
Post a Comment