Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Having your say

Something that I feel very strongly about about is that hockey, in general, is not respected as it should be and maybe overlooked by so many people. Now obviously me being a hockey player I love the game of hockey and everything about it. That is not the case for most of America I would say. Most people, when they think of hockey, they just think of fighting and how physical the sport is and that is not what hockey is all about. Yes the physical part of the game is a huge part of the game but there is so much more that people just do not know. It requires so much skill and practice it's ridiculous. All of this is overlooked. These athletes that play in the National Hockey League are just freak athletes. I mean you have to be so good to be the the NHL and some people don't understand that. Also I would like to see hockey get a little more recognition on TV. I watch ESPN every single day and all I see is 55 minutes of basketball, football, and baseball and if I'm lucky, 5 minutes of hockey. And that is in the playoffs. During the regular season there might be 2 minutes of highlights. It's just not right and hockey deserves more recognition. I think it is probably one of the hardest sports to play just because it requires so many skills and everything. I could serioulsy go on and on about this but I am going to stop here. I'll leave you with this Mrs. Williams. Nexy time you see a hockey game on, try and watch 5 minutes and just be amazed at how these amazing athletes are going so fast and playing at such a high pace on ice with a thin layer of steel nailed to their boot. It's pretty amazing stuff and it may change the way you think about hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment