Sunday, May 13, 2012

The truth about nature

Now I have had my share of experiencing nature in my short life. Me and my dad go fishing every year when we are on vacation in Minnesota. I never like to wake up early in the morning for anything in the summer but fishing is something that i will. So last year me and my dad were fishing early in the morning and i reel in a small northern pike. I had hooked it really bad and it was already dying so my dad cut the belly and put the fish in the water as it floated away. The reason he did this was because he saw a bald eagle on a tree branch not too far from where we were fishing. As soon as the fish got far enough away from the boat the eagle looked right at me and my dad almost telling us something like "thank you" and then swooped down off the branch and took the fish from the water and back to his nest across the lake. It was one of the craziest and coolest things I've seen. Now my dad had been talking all about this eagle like all week because he loves talking about that sort of stuff and i got more interested as the week went on too. But when this whole act happened, it completely opened my eyes to nature. Like I can now see how smart these bald eagles are and it was incredible. Everything i wish that had happened, happened in just that little time sequence. that event is a time that i experienced nature and i will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment